1. Best Undergraduate Prospectus (printed) Printed publication containing full-time or part-time higher education (HE) courses at first degree/diploma level – FE colleges may submit their HE publications in this category (open to institutions with a broad subject offering in many disciplines. Specialist institutions/colleges please see category 2).
2. Best Postgraduate or Specialist Institution Prospectus (printed) Printed publication for postgraduate courses OR for undergraduate or postgraduate courses at further education (FE) or higher education (HE) level delivered by a specialist college/institution (i.e. where the focus of the institution is in a limited number of disciplines, e.g. Arts, Business, Agriculture etc.)
3. Best Online Prospectus Your opportunity to showcase your modern approaches to a prospectus, this can be across any part of your HE offering - UG, PG, professional/executive education etc. You need to show innovation, and for it to be current, attractive and relevant to the audience.
4. Best Student Recruitment Initiative Any initiative aimed at attracting students to apply and enrol for courses.
5. Best International Student Recruitment Campaign or International Initiative Any campaign aimed at attracting undergraduate or postgraduate students to apply and enrol for courses, or any attraction initiative aimed at markets from outside the UK, e.g. research, collaboration, student experience etc.
6. Best Alumni, Development or Fundraising Initiative Any printed collateral, digital asset or overarching campaign aimed at developing relations or raising money. We will also accept other types of fundraising initiatives.
7. Best Marketing Initiative to Promote Research Excellence This category gives you the opportunity to showcase the initiatives used to promote your institution’s research excellence.
8. Best Use of Innovation in Education Marketing The sky’s the limit here. The key is that you did something different - perhaps breaking new ground for the education sector. Examples could include best use of film, best Out of Home, innovative use of media platforms etc.
9. Best PR / Communications Campaign or Initiative This category is for showcasing your PR and communications. This could be an internal campaign or initiative that has engaged internal stakeholders within your institution. It could also be an external facing campaign showcasing your institution.
10. Best Community / Business Engagement Campaign Entries in this category should include projects or campaigns to engage with your local community, businesses or the corporate community. They will usually involve a range of integrated activities and use of different marketing/PR techniques and communications channels.
11. Most Effective Digital or Social Initiative This category is for showcasing innovative content within the digital space. It could be an app, a social media campaign or strategy, a video or even a campaign microsite…
All entries must include working examples (e.g. submit links to a live site or a demo site)
12. Best Website This is your opportunity to show off your web prowess. This category is for an institutional website for either FE or HE, and will be judged on the creativity of execution as well as site functionality and the effectiveness of your web strategy including user experience.
Websites/extranets/microsites for specific campaigns that do not form part of your overall web presence should be included under the relevant campaign category or under category 12.
13. Best Use of Content “Content is King” this is your opportunity to showcase the great campaigns you are undertaking where content is at the heart of the campaign.
14. Best Low Budget Initiative This category gives you the opportunity to showcase real value for money. Based on a maximum budget of £5k (excluding staff costs and VAT), what fantastic initiative have you implemented.
15. Heist Awards’ Marketing Team of the Year The jewel in the crown - prove to the education sector why you have the best FE or HE marketing team.
The entry fee is £185.00 plus vat per entry, per category.
VAT charged at rate applicable at date of invoice. We will invoice you on receipt of your online entry. All invoices for entries are to be paid within 30 days.
1. We welcome entries from all organisations offering further and/or higher education or operating within the sector, regardless of geographical location. Havas Education reserve the right to refuse any entry without any further recourse.
2. Agencies or suppliers may enter on behalf of clients. The client must be ‘organisations offering further and/or higher education’ but any award will be made in the name of the client. Your client must be fully aware and in agreement with the entry. Agencies and suppliers to the sector, may not enter their own marketing initiatives.
3. You may enter any number of categories- and make more than one entry in the same category where appropriate.
4. Your entries must be based on publications/materials/projects that are both recent and also fully evaluated.
5. You must submit entries online at www.heistawards.com on or before midnight on Friday 8th March 2019. Entries by any other means will not be accepted. Late entries will only be accepted with the discretion of Havas Education. We would advise strongly that you make your entry before the closing day. Havas Education reserve the right to extend the entry deadline in exceptional circumstances.
6. Supporting materials: Printed publication categories, you must send 6 hard copies of the item you are entering to The Heist Awards, Havas Education, 2nd Floor, 54 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6HS, by Friday 8th March 2019.
For all categories, you must upload a high resolution logo of your institution and a high resolution photograph / image that can be used to promote your entry if it is successfully shortlisted.
Campaign categories: you may submit, online with your entry, supporting jpegs/pdfs of any creative work to support your entry. Please ensure these are of the highest quality as they may be used for display purposes and also inclusion in marketing material produced by Havas Education for print, social media or online in connection with the Awards. No other supporting material may be supplied, but if the judges require any clarification you will be contacted.
7. Initial judging will be undertaken online by the judging panels, once this has been undertaken, the shortlist will be published online.
8. If shortlisted, you may be asked to supply further material to showcase your entry.
9. The judges’ decision will be final and we regret neither Havas Education nor the judges can enter into discussion about individual cases or the selection of winners.
10. We cannot return copies of publications submitted. They will be recycled after the Awards.
11. By entering, and supplying publications, pdfs and jpegs, you agree to the use of these materials for display purposes and also inclusion in marketing material produced by Havas Education for print, social media or online in connection with the Awards.
12. The winners will be announced at the Heist Awards ‘Gala Dinner’ in July 2019.
1. Judges will be looking for and giving a score for creativity across all categories.
2. Please ensure that any objectives you list are SMART - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Based.